July 7, 2009

Okay, break's over!

Aannnd, I'm back. I've been shooting my wad on a nearly daily basis on Facebook instead of here on terra blognita, and I've just decided to drop it here first. If its something everyone else needs to know, I'll FB it. Otherwise, this will be the location of all my shtuff. Like this:








These are pictures from my Buddy Chris's backyard. He has (had) an above-ground pool (or "Hillbilly Hot Tub") there that he built a big, nice deck around. We were hanging out there one afternoon when we heard a creak, followed by a "R-r-r-boom!" sound. We looked over to see the pool hemorrhaging from a mighty gash all the way down its side. It was as if the pool had hit an iceberg. A massive wall of water carried everything in his yard (no small feat) to the far end to be deposited against the fence. The water, however, would not be contained so easily. It inundated his neighbor's yard before making its way to the storm drain. I briefly feared being swept away, drowned in a maelstrom of overchlorinated water. Fate, however, had other plans for me. Spared, I was determined to chronicle the great flood. It took a few seconds before I realized my phone had a camera, but once I did, I began snapping away furiously, hoping to capture the beast before it disappeared, another suburban legend down the drain.

Seriously, this was one of the funniest things I had ever seen. Thank God I got a couple of pictures.





No comments: